Monday, October 19, 2015

Review Love And Other Alien Experiences by Kerry Winfrey

ABOUT   
In this heartwarming debut by HelloGiggles blogger Kerry Winfrey, a young agoraphobe begins a journey of first love that leads her to the true meaning of home—just by taking one small step outside of her house. 
My name is Mallory Sullivan.
My therapist says I have an anxiety disorder.
My brother says I’m an “optimistic recluse.”
Everybody else says I’m a freak.

And they kind of have a point, because I haven’t left the house in 67 days and only attend class via the webcam on my laptop. The person I talk to the most other than my mom and brother is the completely obnoxious BeamMeUp, and all we do is argue on New Mexico’s premiere alien message board.

But after yesterday, I have something: a chance. If I can win the homecoming crown by convincing resident hot popular guy and Friday Night Lights spawn Brad Kirkpatrick to go as my date, then maybe #stayathome will never appear next to the name @Mallory_Sullivan ever again. But first, I have to leave my room. 


REVIEW 
This is the story about the young Mallory overcomes her anxiety to do be the Homecoming Queen of her school  .
Title: It fits perfectly to this story. .
Characters: You will LOVE every single one of them.

Narrative: First person, POV of Mallory.
Story:
ADORABLE and it want me to throw my dad's iPad through the windows because of the adorable frustration. It not something I have read before and I read this book in like 2 days and is quite entertaining. 

Setting:  US, 2015.  
Conclusion: This is a sweet and quirky YA novel. The girl is not ordinary like the other girls of her age, and that makes her a unique girl (Plus she likes Physics like me). This story may not be something that I usually be reading, but it was a fast pace read and I enjoyed read it. It deserves 4 out 5 points. 

I would love more of the story but it was a good book, from beginning to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment