Sunday, December 6, 2015

Review- The Trouble with Destiny by Lauren Morrill

About

It’s not about the destination, it’s about the journey... 

With her trusty baton and six insanely organized clipboards, drum major Liza Sanders is about to take Destiny by storm—the boat, that is. When Liza discovered that her beloved band was losing funding, she found Destiny, a luxury cruise ship complete with pools, midnight chocolate buffets, and a $25,000 spring break talent show prize. 

Liza can’t imagine senior year without the band, and nothing will distract her from achieving victory. She’s therefore not interested when her old camp crush, Lenny, shows up on board, looking shockingly hipster-hot. And she’s especially not interested in Russ, the probably-as-dumb-as-he-is-cute prankster jock whose ex, Demi, happens be Liza’s ex–best friend and leader of the Athenas, a show choir that’s the band’s greatest competition.

But it’s not going to be smooth sailing. After the Destiny breaks down, all of Liza’s best-laid plans start to go awry. Liza likes to think of herself as an expert at almost everything, but when it comes to love, she’s about to find herself lost at sea.


Review 
I must say I didn't like the book, the cover didn't draw me to read it, nor the story but I realized that the story is a cute one. Plus, it make me realize the reason that I don't want to go to a cruise.

Characters: The characters I really like every single one of them but my favorite was Huck, I did not like Liza she gets too stress about EVERYTHING!!! But at the end she turns out to be an adorable person. And you will hate a character because is reality he is an a**hole.
Story: a little predictable but cute. 
Setting: A cruise in 2015.
Narrative: First Person, POV of Liza.

Conclusion: This book turns out to be like my motto in life (no joke). I may have give this book a lot of opportunities (it was a little boring) but the ending I really like it !!!  Even though I was hoping of something else, it turn out to be a nice book to read and to think about it. Since you have this character that you'll really like and that is really wise, will make things interesting to a certain character. 

No comments:

Post a Comment